New for parents, Sacred Heart School of Glyndon is proud to introduce you to the PickUp Patrol app! It is a fast and easy way to contact school regarding a change in dismissal plans.
Starting October 1, we will be using a system called PickUp Patrol to help us track dismissals. PickUp Patrol (PUP) will save us all a great deal of time and will reduce interruptions in our classrooms—while also providing you with a convenient way to make changes to your children’s dismissal plans.
Most importantly, it will help us ensure that our students are safely dismissed to their correct after-school destinations.DISMISSAL CHANGES: Submit changes to your child’s regular dismissal plans. For example:
- A student normally rides the bus, but is getting picked up today.
- A student usually goes to aftercare, but is leaving early for an appointment.
How it works:
- Your child is assigned a dismissal plan at the start of the year. This is the plan they will regularly follow on normal days. We call this the Default Plan.
- Whenever you have a change to the Default Plan, you’ll submit a change through the PUP app. When the plan is submitted, the school will be notified and your child’s teacher will relay the change to them. All plan changes should be entered in PickUp Patrol. Notes, emails or phone calls will not be accepted for changes after October 1, except in emergencies.
Getting started with PUP:
- REGISTER: You will receive a registration email from PickUp Patrol with a link to set up your account. The PUP web app is free to parents and you can use it from your smartphone or computer. PUP is not accessed through the app stores. Instead, for easy access, follow the instructions in your registration email for how to add it to your phone’s home screen.
- ENTER DEFAULT PLANS: Once you register, log into your PickUp Patrol account by October 1 to confirm your child’s default dismissal plan. It’s important that you complete this step so that we can accurately dismiss your children.
PARENT LOGIN LINK: https://app.pickuppatrol.net/parents
Thank you for using PUP to make safety a priority and to ensure our dismissal process is efficient for all our students.