Sacred Heart School, located in Glyndon, MD, is looking for an Intermediate Science Teacher, serving grades 4-5. The teacher will be responsible for integrating the mission of Sacred Heart School in all planning, teaching, grading, and in all school duties for the betterment of our students.
- Understands, believes in, and communicates joyfully about the Sacred Heart mission in all endeavors.
- Provides grade appropriate instructional program for students in grades 4-5.
- Supports and oversees an intermediate homeroom, including beginning and end of day duties.
- Maintains an attractive, organized, and engaging learning environment.
- Develops lesson plans with clear objectives in line with the Archdiocesan Course of Study.
- Provides grade appropriate extended or enrichment opportunities.
- Uses relevant technology to support/enhance instruction.
- Maintains appropriate control through positive discipline techniques to enhance the learning environment.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Provides regular and consistent communication with parents, students, staff and administration as outlined by the Sacred Heart School Parent Handbook and Faculty/Staff Handbook.
- Performs assigned duties when needed for the supervision of students before, during or after school including lunch duties, recess duties, dismissal duties, detention and any other duties assigned by the administration.
- Participates in faculty meetings, school committees, and in-service learning opportunities.
- Attends school events including Back to School Nights, Open Houses, Parent/Teacher conference days, and other events as requested by the administration.
- Bachelor degree in education or science
- Current MSDE certification
- Successful experience in student teaching or classroom teaching
- Positive references and recommendations
- Clear ability to promote and witness to our Roman Catholic Faith
- Basic understanding and acceptance of Catholic school philosophy, goals and objectives
- Must be comfortable with technology such as laptops, website maintenance, interactive white boards, etc.
Interested applicants, please send cover letter and resume to:
Office of the Principal
The Sacred Heart School of Glyndon
63 Sacred Heart Lane
Glyndon, MD 21071
No phone calls please.